Yes, favourite with a ‘u,’ ’cause that’s just how we do it down under…
So, until recently I was a liquid foundation girl. The guaranteed coverage, the flawless application; I had no reason to stray. I didn’t trust the coverage of a powder, surely it had just a little more coverage than powders I use to set my liquid. I have something to admit, I might have been a little wrong when I made these assumptions, or, really wrong.
So here’s a little pros and cons list of a couple I’ve tried.
1. NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation SPF 24.
- Long lasting. Gotta have that coverage lasting all day long.
- Smooth finish – it feels great on!
- Medium to full coverage with the ability to build to full coverage.
- Covers really well without the weight.
- This is one of the few products that I’ve hit pan in.
- Price $$… but totally worth it. I’ll just keep this for special occasions and days I wake up in a bad mood.
2. Bare Minerals READY Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20.
- SPF, LOVE this!
- It’s kind of fun watching it match your skin tone as you apply.
- Great medium coverage.
- Feels light on my skin.
- I find that it does not last all day, even with a great primer.
- If my skin is a little dry – or sunburnt – I’ve found this foundation gets patchy in those areas.
3. Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation.
- Light to medium coverage – great for a causal day.
- The pattern on the foundation is so cute.
- Quick and easy to apply, blends seamlessly.
- The formula is very soft!
- Does not build well for greater coverage.
- I can only get about six good hours out of this foundation.
If you were like me and love your liquid, but dislike how long it can sometimes take to apply. Branch out, you might just find a new favourite.